Welcome to Noel & Jackie's blog, where the main goal is to keep you informed about where we are and what we've been doing. (Click a photo to view full-size; use your Back button to return to Blog. Updates subject to internet access while on the road.)

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

North to Santa Tomás

It was cold this morning in Cataviña, so cold that I woke up at 4 am and put a knit cap on my head. When I got up at 7, it was 41 degrees outside and 44 inside. When I turned on the furnace and started making coffee, it started to warm up and by the time I went outside it was still cool, but very pleasant. I went for a long walk amid and cactus and granite boulders and when I returned the other two couples were ready to travel.
Today’s drive was an uneventful run up Mexico 1 to the Santa Tomás valley, just south of Ensenada. This leaves us in easy driving distance of the border crossing at Tecaté, which less busy than the one at Tiajuana.
The five of us had a enjoyable pot-luck dinner in Tom and Joanne’s rig – spaghetti and meatballs, green salad, garlic bread, wine, and a special dessert. Diane served flan (bought ready-made in individual servings), over which she poured a liqueur called Rompope – milky-colored, rum flavored – it made a delicious combination.
We’ll travel together tomorrow as far Spring Valley east of San Diego. Then I head north and they head for San Diego. (I took no photos today!)

No comments:

Blog Archive