Welcome to Noel & Jackie's blog, where the main goal is to keep you informed about where we are and what we've been doing. (Click a photo to view full-size; use your Back button to return to Blog. Updates subject to internet access while on the road.)

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Back to the U.S. of A.



We got an early start this morning, rolling out of camp before 9 am. The traffic through Ensenada was not to bad, and Hwy 3 to Tecaté provided a more scenic route than the toll road to Tiajuana, including views of the wine country northeast of Ensenada. There was no line at the border, just one car in front of me. While I waited a took a picture of the sign announcing the U.S. Border station. Then, when I got to the guard, his first question was to ask me for my camera – so he could erase the picture I took! A silly, to me, regulation about taking pictures of U.S. security facilites!
Other than that, and having to give up an apple to the customs inspector, the crossing was easy.
It was great to be able to drive wide spacious highways, but I could do without the L.A. traffic. I avoided the worst of the Los Angeles basin by following I-15 north through Riverside, then west across the Tehachapis to Bakersfield, spending the night in a shopping center parking lot with half a dozen other RVs.

No comments:

Blog Archive