Welcome to Noel & Jackie's blog, where the main goal is to keep you informed about where we are and what we've been doing. (Click a photo to view full-size; use your Back button to return to Blog. Updates subject to internet access while on the road.)

Friday, March 28, 2008

Back to La Paz

Got up, had breakfast and made my decision – to travel Mex 19 through Todos Santos on the Pacific Coast, continuing on to La Paz. A sign of the changes in Los Cabos is the new, huge, Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club across the highway from Vagabundos del Mar. With rising real estate values, RV parks look to be a thing of the past in the area.
I was on the road by 9 am and pleasantly surprised by my celphone around 10:30 – Jackie was on the ground at SFO and about to be picked up by Melissa. Her layover in Mexico City was apparently a rough one. We’d been told there were sleeping rooms to rent but, if there are, she was never able to find anyone who knew of them. She had a hard time even finding someone who could direct her to United Air Lines! But she survived (of course!) this unexpected “adventure”.
I stopped in Todos Santos for to wander around, look at the Mission church, and have lunch – a sandwich in the rig – before continuing on to La Paz. The most interesting sight of the day was this crashed car with a sign inviting people to enjoy Christmas (!) with responsibility – use seatbelts, don’t speed, don’t drive drunk.
In La Paz I found Sarah, Pete, Cathy, and Jim – who I’d expected would be here, but also four other couples who had been on the rally with us. They’ve been moving south more slowly, but expect to head north in a few days. I expect to continue north tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive